It’s important to us that your information remains secure and that your privacy is protected. This Privacy and Security Policy explains how we protect and use your personal information.
How we secure your credit card details
All card details are stored securely by VCS, a fully PCI DSS compliant payment gateway. Capturing your credit card details is done directly through the web interface
of VCS and no information passes through our servers during this process.
VCS provides us with only the card type, account holder name, last four digits of your credit card number and the expiration date as displayed to you on the accounts page. This is not sufficient information to authorize any other transaction on your behalf.
How we secure your other information
Encryption during transmission: All information transmitted over the internet between your device and our servers as well as between different servers is encrypted using state of the art 256 bit encryption. We have a SSL certificate provided by DigiCert, a globally trusted digital certificate authority. This ensures that your information remains protected even if it is intercepted, at no time is your information visible in clear-text whilst in transit.
Access to your data: Access to our servers, databases and other infrastructure as well as internal systems is tightly restricted. Only the 88pockets team members who absolutely have to have access are allowed to do so.
The information we collect
Account information: When you register you are required to provide your name, surname, valid email address and a password. This information is used to authenticate your use of the Service and to contact you about Service related matters.
Correspondence information: When we receive correspondence from you via email or social media we record your sender information, other metadata and the content of the message in order to communicate with you and to improve the Service.
Usage and connection information: When you connect to the Service we store you Internet browser’s type, version and language, your IP address, your operating system and version, type of device, screen resolution, referring and exit web pages. Your IP address is used to determine the geographic makeup of our customer base and to help us identify potentially unauthorised access. The rest of the information is used to optimise the usability of the Service on your device, and to compile aggregate information on usage patterns to analyse towards making improvements to the Service.
Sharing your information
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our websites and the quality of the Service. Your information will not be shared with or sold to any other organization for commercial purposes.
We may share your information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- When it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service of the specific Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Aggregation of statistical data
We may aggregate and analyse your de-identified information, meaning it has been stripped of all uniquely identifiable attributes and cannot be traced to you, with that of other customers and information received from other sources. We will use this information to develop market insights, investigate errors and other problems, detect fraud and other criminal activity, identify usage patterns and generally improve our Service.
We may from time to time publish or share the insights we gain through this process.
- You have the right to access, amend, correct or delete your personal information where it is inaccurate at any time, unless we are forced to refuse you access to your information in compliance with applicable laws or if we are unable to verify your identity.
- Although 88pockets owns the code, databases, and all rights to the 88pockets applications, you retain all rights to your data.
- When you cancel your account we delete your personal information except where we are prohibited to do so under South African law. We are required to retain billing information for at least five years.
- 88pockets may periodically update this policy and will notify you of any significant changes via an email sent to the email address associated with your Account.
If you have questions about our privacy or security policies please email firstname.lastname@example.org.